Time Off / Catching Up

As you can see there have been zero updates since the end of last year. I posted a few shows I was planning to attend but didn't get to update the blog with set lists or thoughts about the shows. I can tell you this... they were all great! Well, maybe not all of them were "great" but I don't regret getting out and seeing them. Unfortunately, I do not have the info to update the posted shows but I can't bring myself to remove them either.

Here are a list of shows I've seen that are not posted:


06/03/2012 . Radiohead . Verizon Center
* I had seats in the far back of the Verizon Center and at the very top. Not very conducive to good sound or much fun. I must admit I didn't know a single song which also did not make for a fun night. People around me knew plenty of songs which was nice but I was glad to leave. Sorry. This one wasn't for me.

06/05/2012 . Tune -Yards . The Jefferson
* My friend talked me into this one. I'm so glad she did. Watching Merrill Garbus create patterns and sounds with nothing but a drum beat and her own voice was amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed this show. If you get a chance, definitely see her!

06/20/2012 . Los Campesinos . The National
* This was one I was really looking forward to seeing. I only knew a couple of songs but I liked them so much I had to see it live. This group is definitely entertaining and fun and energizing but I left shortly after the couple songs I knew. I wanted a t-shirt but they were low on merch for some reason.

07/22/2012 . Clutch . The National
* Second time I've seen Clutch this year. I went back in April but didn't get a chance to write about it. All I can tell you now is before my April show I didn't know anything about this band. After seeing them twice, I know I'll go every time they come to town. The crowd energy is fun and the band is fantastic. "Spacegrass" is my favorite but there are so many songs worthy of throwing yourself around. 

My only upcoming shows which I will post soon:

10/06/2012 . Virgin Mobile Free Fest . Merriweather Post Pavilion
10/21/2012 . Henry Rollins . The National

So here's to going forward and hoping I see you at a show soon!

Get out... see a show... find new music!

- LFTR

No comments: